Fish and Loaves Gift Market is a great way to honor people you love by giving gifts that make a difference in the lives of others. Last year, our members sent over 4,000 gift cards and in the process, gave $40,000 to those in need.
How does it work? You shop from the list of items such as:
- $2 Garden seedlings for Bonton Farms
- $5 Bible to an American soldier, sailor, marine or airman overseas
- $10 School supplies for Syrian Refugee
- $15 50 gallons of clean water to a family in the Dominican Republic
- $20 Mittens and a jacket for a child in Dallas
You then select an item to be sent for each person on your gift list. We give you cards to send to family and friends to let them know what has been given in their honor.
Located in the Stained Glass Hallway, Sundays, 9 am-12:30 pm, Nov. 29 –Dec. 20 and online.
Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me. – Matthew 25:40
ACT empowers inner-city residents to fight crime on their street, using the justice system to educate and encourage them to take a stand. Through innovative approaches, ACT creates safer neighborhoods through relationship building and
empowering neighbors to advocate for their community. ACT is committed to the people in Dallas who are living outside the protection of the law. They seek spiritually strong communities where peace reigns and children can safely ride their bikes. They envision families not awakened by gunshots and able to enjoy time in their front yard with neighbors.
- $10 – Block Party Meal: Help provide family meals during ACT’s monthly Block Party & Prayer Walk.
- $50 – Legal Services: Provide legal resources to help in reducing crime in Dallas.
Only minutes away from HPPC are some of the lowest performing schools in the
DISD. Through the strong AELC staff, progress is being made, but they cannot do it
alone. That is where HPPC’s partnership can make a difference. Our Adopt-A-School
partnership helps provide children with the academic tools to escape poverty and
enhance their education.
- $5 – Musical Instrument: Provide the gift of music to a student. This will enable a child to have access and the ability to learn how to play an instrument.
- $10 – Caldecott Award Book: An award winning book can open a child’s heart and mind to the world of learning.
The Armed Services Ministry of American Bible Society (ABS) fortifies our Soldiers and Veterans with the transforming power of God’s Word. ABS has partnered with Campus Crusade for Christ Military Ministry to provide New Testaments for distribution to service members, particularly those preparing to deploy. These Bibles are part of a Rapid Deployment Kit that reaches thousands of service members each year. These Bibles are offered free of any charge because of the generous support of donors like you.
- $5 - Bibles: Send a Bible to an American soldier, sailor, marine, airman or guardsman who is far from home.
Bonton Farms is an extension of H.I.S. BridgeBuilders ministry in South Dallas that
exists to restore urban communities for the glory of God. The Bonton community is a
“food desert” by USDA standards (the nearest grocery store is roughly 4 miles away)
with the highest rate of diabetes and cardiovascular disease in the city and county
of Dallas. Bonton Farms exists to make local, organic produce available in hopes to
restore health to this community. You have the opportunity to make an impact for a
community in need. It will empower them to stand up against hunger and provide a
healthy lifestyle for generations to come.
- $2 – Garden Seedlings: The provision of a seedling will help in growing healthy food.
- $15 –Chicks, Goats, Fish: Provide farm animals that are an integral source of income and nutrition.
HPPC began a partnership with Haiti Outreach Ministries (HOM) in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake that dealt a tragic blow to Port-au-Prince. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere with 80 percent of the population living on less than a $1 a day. HOM’s mission is to transform lives by introducing the people of Haiti to Jesus Christ. By demonstrating God’s love in tangible ways and meeting critical human needs, it opens the door for new relationships and heartfelt conversations about faith. The work of HOM is done at three mission sites. Each site is anchored with the sound foundation of a church whose congregants worship regularly. Each Sunday over 4,000 people gather together in four locations to worship the Lord. Around each church, resources like schools and medical facilities are nurtured to meet the needs of the people.
- $10 – Medical Clinic Supplies: The health clinics need supplies that aid in providing basic medical care to thousands of people..
- $25 – Gift toward Classroom Completion: Assist in the completion of the construction of elementary classrooms. Currently, HOM is unable to accommodate the number of students requesting to receive an education.
Livada Orphan Care based in Romania, is committed to helping wounded kids find
their place in this world through a blend of Christian social work, humanitarian aid
and ministry. Their holistic approach begins by nurturing orphans in the cradle and
ends with them becoming interdependent, contributing members of society.
- $10 – Support an Orphan at Bible Club: Provide funding for an orphan to attend the weekly Christian outreach club for a month.
- $10 – Tutoring for at-risk child: Provide high quality after-school tutoring and literacy lessons for an at-risk child in Romania.
For Living Water International, it is all about Jesus. LWI demonstrates God’s love, announces his kingdom, sees Jesus in the least of our brothers and sisters and offers a cup of water in Jesus’ name and proclaims his Gospel, the living water. LWI helps communities create sustainable water, sanitation, hygiene, and Christian witness programs in partnership with local churches. Why? Because by addressing the water crisis and how it affects poverty, women, health and education, it allows LWI to focus on the heart of the issue – bringing the Gospel to those in need.
- $1500 – Shallow well: Drill and/or repair a well that can supply fresh water for more than a thousand people.
- Any amount – Other wells: Any other amount you choose can be given towards a well.
Mission Emanuel seeks to reach entire communities in the Dominican Republic by
being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. For almost 30 years they have worked in
the poor neighborhoods of Cielo and Nazaret, providing education, housing, health
care and clean water. Their newest community partner is a village named Margara.
Mission Emanuel connects all these communities with local churches for evangelism
- $5 – Bible for Youth: Give a Bible to one of the young people in Mission Emanuel’s ministry.
- $15 – 50 Gallons Drinking Water: Provide 50 gallons of clean water to a family in the community.
The Outreach Foundation’s overall mission is to engage Presbyterians and global
partners in proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ. In order to address the Syrian
refugee crisis, The Outreach Foundation is partnering with the National Evangelical
Synod of Syria and Lebanon in using one of their schools in the Bekka Valley.
Thousands of refugees live here in tents and there is the need to open a “second shift”
at the school for Syrian children. This will enable the children to build upon their
earlier education and, hopefully, return to their own schools in Syria.
- $5 – Snack and Meal for Syrian Refugee: Provide a daily snack and meal for two children.
- $10 – School Supplies for Syrian Refugee: Help a child improve their education with the proper school supplies.
- $25 – School Uniform for Syrian Refugee: Give the gift of confidence to a child. A school uniform builds self-esteem and improves schoolwork concentration.
Reconciliation Outreach (RO) is one of the largest nonprofit, faith-based organizations in the Dallas area to provide both residential and non-residential programs for men, women, and single mothers, who have life-controlling problems such as alcohol, drug abuse, and homelessness. RO also provides after school programs and summer camps to underprivileged children in the inner city, as well as community outreach events. RO’s vision is to reconcile people to God and others in order to create Christ centered relationships to restore hope & transform generations. Their mission is to create a Christian community in the inner city to meet the needs of broken lives.
- $5 – Spanish/English Bible: Provide a Bible for youth in either English or Spanish.
- $20 – Mittens and a Jacket: Provide mittens and a winter jacket for one child.